Local preschoolers from The Goddard School in Plymouth had the opportunity to act as toy testers during the nationwide annual toy test this in November, just in time for the holidays. After playing with toys that inspired creativity, collaboration and skill development, they selected the following list, ordered by age.
- Whoozit Space Blankie by The Manhattan Toy Company (0+ months)
- Rolligo by Fat Brain Toys (12+ months)
- John Deere Learn ’N’ Pop Farmyard Friends by TOMY (12+ months)
- ModMobiles-Set A by Fat Brain Toys (2+ years)
- Doctor On Call by Hape Toys (3+ years)
- Lakeshore Gear Builders-Starter Set by Lakeshore Learning Materials (3+ years)
- Lincoln Logs 100th Anniversary Tin by K’NEX Brands (3+ years)
- Joinks by Fat Brain Toys (3+ years)
- 16-in-1 Space Fighter Building Set by Laser Pegs (5+ years)
- Tumble Trax Magnetic Marble Run by Learning Resources (5+ years)
But that’s not all; after the kids narrowed the field, parents had the chance to vote online for the top toy for 2015. Goddard then donated 100 of the winning toy, Laser Pegs’ 16-in-1 space fighter building set, to Toys for Tots, a program run by the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve that distributes holiday gifts to less fortunate children in the community.