1. Mini maple bacon cupcakes: A perfectly bite-size maple cupcake coated with cream cheese frosting, drizzled with pure maple syrup and garnished with apple-smoked bacon. $1.75 each; Mintahoe Catering & Events, 612.253.0255; mintahoe.com
2. Dessert shooters and mini desserts: A dessert glass filled to the brim with alternating layers of cake, mousse and other delectable toppings, available in a variety of flavors (including our favorite tiramisu). $28/dozen; comes with an assortment of mini desserts. Medina Entertainment Center, 763.478.6661; medinaentertainment.com
3. French almond macarons: Still trending now are these luscious vanilla buttercream dollops sandwiched between almond meringue cookies that can be ordered to match wedding colors. $1.95/two; Mintahoe Catering & Events
4. Cordial mini cones: These chocolate-coated vanilla cones are filled with flavored mousse (think liqueurs: Chambord, Grand Marnier, crème de menthe, Irish cream) and topped with fruit, candies or chocolate chips. $1.95 each; Mintahoe Catering & Events
5. Martini cheesecakes: Cheesecake and toppings of choice (berry sauce, graham crackers, flavored syrup) are nestled inside a martini glass for a no-mess treat. $5.99–$6.99/person. Medina Entertainment Center
Between deciding what to wear, what to serve, who to invite and where to do it all, planning a wedding can seem a Herculean task. On March 22, the Plymouth Creek Center will host florists, photographers, caterers and bakers for couples looking for options and suggestions on ways to make their wedding day even more special.
WHAT: 2014 Bridal Expo
WHERE: Plymouth Creek Center, 14800 34th Ave.
WHEN: Noon –3 p.m. March 22
COST: $2/person in advance; $4/person at the door
INFO: 763.509.5280; plymouthmn.gov