Throughout its pages, Plymouth Magazine showcases our community in a multitude of ways, and one of our favorite methods is through our annual photo contest—Picture Plymouth. Photographers of all abilities are encouraged to share their images through which they’ve captured fresh and artistic angles of our beloved community.
Previously, we’ve encouraged readers to offer submissions during the month of August. This year, the photo contest will be open during July and August on our website.
After the contest closes, photos are carefully reviewed and voted on by members of our editorial and art departments. (Runners-up and honorable mentions are selected as the number and quality of photos allow.) Subject matter, photo quality and reflection of the community are all taken under review.
Winners, runners up and honorable mentions in the following NEW categories receive consideration for photo placement in an upcoming issue of Plymouth Magazine and on our website and social media pages.
Photo Contest Rules and Details
- Submissions are accepted at plymouthmag.com between July 1–August 31.
- Entrants must live, work or attend school in Plymouth.
- Entrants may submit up to five photos, with no more than three in any category.
- Photos should be taken in Plymouth.
- Generally, photos should have been taken within a year of the submission date.
Readers are invited to vote online for their favorite photo submissions in the Readers’ Choice category between September 15–September 30.