The Plymouth Creek Athletic Club has been in existence for almost 25 years and open to public for more than 20 of those. However, just within the past few years there are many other amenities we like to call Plymouth Creek’s best-kept secrets. Manager Nick Miller says the atmosphere of Plymouth Creek differs from other athletic clubs. “We offer so many services to all members and nonmembers, and make sure they feel welcome in this community atmosphere,” he says. “We make sure to know every person’s name when they walk through the door.”
3131 Campus Drive; 763.559.6286
1. The Spa at Plymouth Creek has been open for three years and is definitely worth taking advantage of. With four different therapists on staff, members and nonmembers can walk in and schedule anything from a Swedish or hot stone massage to deep tissue and aromatherapy.
2. Looking for a new workout regimen? The athletic club offers individual personal training. Each trainer can get you on track, and provide nutritional information, training services and fitness consulting.
3. Try something new with Wallyball, also known as rebound volleyball; played on an indoor racquetball court, it is fast and exhilarating. Get a group of four or more, and try it out, whether you are a member or not.
4. Get a group together and try a group workout class. With more than 50 classes each week, there are plenty of options to get your heart rate elevated in a fun group setting.
5. Enroll your kid in swimming lessons, year-round. Instructors who have been teaching for as long as 20 years will have your toddler kicking and blowing bubbles in no time.
Memberships start at $36.10 for an individual, $59.90 for a duo and $65.55 for a family.